Sherwood Country Club gave me the Wedding of My Dreams
We had our wedding here, almost a year ago (time flies!). It was the wedding of my dreams, everything from the grounds, starting with the gated entry to one of Westlake Village’s most exclusive and breathtaking neighborhoods, to the incredible surrounding views/setting, to the scrumptious food and impeccable service, made this a perfect experience and we would do it here again in a heartbeat.
This was the venue where the engagement party was hosted in the movie Bridesmaids (so you know it’s photogenic).
Even our well-known wedding coordinator who has done weddings across LA and boasts the highest reviews, thought you had to be a member or know someone who was to hold an event here. Not so!
We worked with Heather and then Allie closer to the date to sort out details. Both ladies were very accommodating and quick to respond, typically within a few hours. They made adjustments to details as minor as how we wanted to number the tables, all the way through the week before the event.
I would say this is moderate to pricey. But with the “wow”-factor of food, location, and everything else, you can save a lot of money on extras like decoration and outside vendors because of the abundance of natural beauty and the epic, and classic loveliness of the main clubhouse.
Gorgeous! Whether your wedding is in the spring, surrounded by beautiful green hilltops, or in the summer surrounded by California gold, you can’t go wrong. And this makes for lovely pictures.
Amazing! Portions were generous and the food itself was high quality, perfectly cooked, and beautifully presented. The cocktail hour noshes were very good too, and again, presentation was impeccable.
We never had an empty water glass, and when some one knocked over a glassware piece, it was quickly and quietly cleaned up within 5 minutes. All the servers were extremely attentive and friendly. I also accidentally labeled one of our guests as wanting a veggie dish (he wanted steak). This was not a problem and was accommodated the day of, I only found out after talking to the guest.
The bridal room was large and very versatile, and they accommodated our requests for special food items like extra avocado for our breakfast, etc. They only have one event per day, which was also a major factor in our choice. This means we essentially had all day to get ready, take pictures and enjoy. We had checked out other local venues like Calamigos Ranch but were turned off by the fact that they had several weddings per day. No matter how beautiful (and they were as well!) this was not how we wanted to feel on our special day. Anyway, definitely check them out :)
– Genessee and Zachary
Sherwood Country Club is a beautiful location & provided incredible food.What can I say...our wedding at Sherwood Country Club was the wedding of our dreams. We could not have asked for a more beautiful location and helpful staff. The food was incredible too! We had friends and family fly to LA from all over the country and they were all blown away by how gorgeous this venue was. Allie was also a dream to work with! I still dream about having another event at Sherwood because it was just that memorable. I highly recommend this venue for any of you special occasions. It's a gem!Tina
Wedding Bliss at Sherwood Country ClubMy family has been a member of Sherwood for over 15 years, so naturally it made sense to get married at what has been my second home. Allie, Heather, and my team went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted to make my wedding dreams come true. I was very familiar with the food options, but was pleasantly surprised to see the upscale presentation. They also accommodated my guests with dietary restrictions. I am so thankful for all that they did from food tastings to mock ups. Thank you ladies!
Sherwood Country Club exceeded our expectationsMy wife and I had been searching for venues that checked all of our boxes for our wedding in 2019. I can say with confidence Sherwood Country Club exceeded every expectation we had. It is a stunning venue that only does one wedding at a time, so we didn’t have to worry about sharing the space with anyone else. The outdoor ceremony space has an incredible view and the banquet hall was perfect.Ryan Bender
Amazing place!Natural beauty. Understated elegance. Classy, but welcoming. Can’t imagine a more perfect wedding venue than Sherwood Country Club! It’s not as expensive as you’d think - much less then some other places we looked at. The food is scrumptious, the staff is cheerful, and Allie Friedman is a delight to work with - she’ll guide you every step of the way. When you see your wedding pictures, you’ll be especially glad you chose Sherwood.Carol Williams
- Sherwood was great to work with! The food was excellent!!! They were very accommodating with our requests.Michelle
- Sherwood Country Club is the most elegant and beautiful venue you could ever have for a wedding. The coordinator, Heather, was the most organized person I have ever worked with. She knew every answer to every question we had and took such good care of us during the entire wedding process. I never once felt stressed or worried about any aspect of the venue and I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went on my special day. I was so incredibly happy with the service, food, decorations, and every staff member at Sherwood - it literally could not have been any more perfect. We had the seabass and filet as menu options (both amazing), and all the appetizers were delicious! My guests are still talking about our wedding 2 weeks later and saying it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to (and many of them have been to A LOT of fancy weddings). I highly recommend Sherwood Country Club for your wedding venue - you will not be disappointed!!Rachel
- It was truly magical to have my wedding at Sherwood. Not only is it the most gorgeous venue, but working with Heather was so amazing. She made everything so easy and enjoyable. Sherwood is a hidden treasure in the area and all my guests were raving about it for weeks after the wedding!Brette J.
- We just had our wedding at Sherwood Country Club and it was amazing. The catering coordinator, Heather, was a joy to work with! All of the staff was helpful and professional the day of the wedding. Also, Sherwood Country Club is a beautiful place to have a wedding. It has amazing views and a beautiful interior. So much so that you can keep decorations to a minimum because all of the work has been done for you.Johnnie W.
- Just getting out of your car at Sherwood is jaw dropping. It's one of the most stunning properties in Southern California (and I say that as a wedding planner who sees all of these properties regularly)! My couple and I worked with Allie for almost two years and her customer service was incredible, especially considering that we were bringing in outside catering and had a lot of unique vendors coming on site. The day of the wedding, the staff at the venue could not have been more accommodating. Everyone was lovely and professional and they handled last minute requests as seamlessly as though it was part of the original plan. I very much look forward to working with them again!Taryn Collins